Thank you for your interest in working with us at Toronto Adventist School.
The following job opportunity is currently available.
Casual Teacher Aide (K-6)
We are looking for experienced teacher aides (learning support) to add to our casual pool.
Toronto Adventist School provides a dynamic learning environment for children from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6. You will be working with a great team of professionals in a friendly and collegiate environment. You will receive the exciting opportunity to be part of an amazing team of talented individuals, and the chance to work in a school environment with a nature-based focus and a fantastic community feel.
The Casual Teacher Aide will provide casual relief and work collaboratively with teachers and staff at Toronto Adventist School.
The aim is to provide a safe, supportive work and learning environment whilst improving the educational outcomes for all students throughout the school. Students typically express a broad range of complex education and social needs. As such the need for flexible and innovative teaching and learning practices is needed.
- Teacher Aide Qualifications e.g. Certificate III in Education Support or Certificate IV in Education Support or other relevant qualification.
- Experience working with students with disability.
- A current First Aid certificate.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with students, parents/carers, the broader school community and colleagues.
- A demonstrated commitment to a high standard of personal presentation and professional practice.
- A collaborative team member and a lifelong learner.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae outlining relevant work history including contact details of at least three referees including your current employer
- Proof of full vaccination status against COVID-19
- Current NSW Working With Children Check clearance
To apply for this role please provide the following documents:
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Written applications and Curriculum Vitae (including three referees) are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Principal.